10 Mistakes People Make with the Devil (plus 1 bonus):
1. Don’t believe he exists. (Matthew 4:1-10)
2. Give him too much credit (the “demon under every rock” mentality).
3. Think he can be everywhere at all times (only God is omnipresent). (Psalm 139:7)
4. Think he knows everything (only God is omniscient). (Psalm 139:4; 147:5)
5. Forget he’s much more powerful than humans (but only God is omnipotent). (1 John 4:4b)
6. Think that the devil himself is personally harassing them (you’re not that important for one thing; it is demon underlings that are assigned to you).
7. Blame him for their own personal sins (“the devil made me do it”). (Genesis 3:13)
8. Blame God for things the devil has done (“an act of God”). (John 10:10)
9. Think he can read minds (he can only plant thoughts and read/recognize responses). (Genesis 3:1-5; Luke 4:1-13)
10. Don’t realize the one and only way to be free from the devil’s grip is to surrender to Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 2:14-15; Colossians 1:13)
BONUS Forget that people are not the enemy and that they are under the spell of the real enemy (the devil) and can only be freed through prayer and a demonstration of the love of God via a Christian’s life of sacrifice and service. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Ephesians 6:12)
You might also be interested in:
- 10 Mistakes People Make with Horoscopes (plus 1 bonus)
- 10 Mistakes People Make with Same-Sex Marriage (plus 1 bonus)